Is there any documentation to make the upgrade from 3.x without any loss ? Is there a database migration to do ? How ?
Release v4.0.0 · mastodon/mastodon · GitHub
I mean that I know it. But I know too that if the transition process isn't managed, that can break everything.
@metal3d see the upgrade section! Extracts:
- If you customize Sidekiq processes/queues, ensure that there is at least one process handling the ingress queue.
- Run the pre-deployment database migrations by specifying the SKIP_POST_DEPLOYMENT_MIGRATIONS=true environment variable
- Recompile the assets (non docker only
- restart all mastodon processes
- Run post-deployment db migrations
- restart all mastodon processes again
@MinekPo1 I will check the helm chart. it's possible that there is a job that does the transition. I've got backups in any case.
Technology lovers, here we are — (development, digital artwork, science…)